For this unit, write an essay that examines the use of technology to secure and monitor the courthouse. What is CCTV?
- How can CCTV be used to create a safe and secured courthouse?
- What is the history and importance of CCTV in the courtroom?
- What is control access?
- Why would controlling the access of where people can go in the courthouse be important to overall safety and security?
- What are some examples of restricted areas in a courthouse?
- In your opinion, what are the pros and cons of possibly using four-foot walled off quadrants to secure the courtroom? Those quadrants would include the following:
- judge/stenographer/juror area,
- defendant area,
- plaintiff area, and
- spectator area.
This essay should be at least two pages in length, not including the title page and reference page. The paper should include an introduction. A minimum of four sources, at least one must come from the CSU Online Library. All sources, including the textbook, must be referenced; paraphrased and quoted material must have accompanying citations in APA Style.