Research Article Analysis Template
Answer the following questions about each article reviewed for the Research Proposal Assignment. Complete a separate template for each article.
- What is the research question (state it)?
- What is the purpose of the research (Descriptive, Predictive, Explanatory, Evaluative)
- What are the concepts of focus in this research?
- What is the conceptual or nominal definition of each concept?
- How is each concept operationalized as a variable in this study?
- How does the author assert that the concepts are related (i.e., How does a particular theory the author specifies indicate that the concepts should be related for the purpose of the study being reviewed?)
- If a particular theory is offered to explain the relationship between/among variables, what is the theory and how does it explain the relationship between/among concepts?
- What variable(s) are the independent variable(s) and what is the dependent variable?
- What is the hypothesis (-es)?
- Who are the participants (respondents/subjects) (gender, race/ethnicity, age or other salient factors). If not people, then what is being observed/measured and what are the salient characteristics?
- What are the major findings (key results) and the author’s conclusions of the study?
- What are the limitations of the study?