Write a 3 page double-spaced reaction paper working closely with the child’s circumstances in Case 1 (You may also use the questions in the textbook as a guide as long as you cover the below 5 points.)
Textbook Case Summary (Wohlfarth & Morgan, 2017, p. 117): Enrique’s case is extraordinarily complex as he is a kindergartener with Autism who’s also a Mexican immigrant to the United States. Immigrant status is associated with significant health-care challenges, including securing health insurance, accessing culturally competent care, and a lack of understanding the cultural views of health problems. such as autism.
1. Context: Introduce the disorder (its subtypes) and provide scientific background knowledge on what is known about this disorder based on textbook 1 readings, DSM5, and treatment methods and prognosis (life with this disorder). Name theories and highlight them as they appear in textbook 1. What are current research findings published after 2020? Refer to scholarly papers highlighting new evidence or validating effective therapy approaches or. Always cite your sources within the text and at the end of your work.
2. Case: Introduce the child by name, age, ethnicity, etc., and all stakeholders involved (parents/caregivers, siblings, teachers, therapists, policymakers, etc.). What is the diagnosis (if it avaialbe)? How many children like Enrique are affected by this disorder? What specific symptoms does the child have? How was the child diagnosed with this disorder? What might be possible interventions? You may use the below table in your response.
3. Causes & Misconceptions: What are some known causes and risk factors in developing this disorder based on scientific knowledge? What are some myths or controversies about this disorder in general and especially in the child’s cultural context? Is there a magic cure?
4. Critical Analysis: Use the four D’s in distinguishing normal vs. abnormal behavior in children like Enrique. Discuss ethical concerns, cross-cultural issues, and risks in assessing and challenges/prospects in treating the child. What are some ways to educate the community/society about this disorder? How much do you personally know about the child’s culture? What are some common beliefs on mental health in this culture?
5. Professional Responsibility & Outlook: What do you personally think about this case and how would you have dealt with the child and the stakeholders as a professional? Why did you pick this case? What would you like to learn more about this topic or are your general questions or concerns?