Answer FIVE of the following seven questions. Your answers should be roughly 75 words in length.
1. Poros and Penia
2. Crimina carnis contra naturam
4. Proceptivity & receptivity
6. Spontaneous and unmotivated
7. Sexual panic versus moral panic
Answer TWO of the following three questions. Your answers should be roughly 150 words in length.
1. What is the connection between romantic or “unoriented” love and infant care according to Diamond?
2. Explain Allan Bloom’s assessment and criticism of Alfred Kinsey’s account of love and sex.
3. Dines says the desire for gonzo porn is not natural but cultivated. Explain the two methods by which it is cultivated as well as Dines’ criticism of those methods
Answer ONE of the following two questions. Your answer should be roughly 300 words in length.
1. Describe the types of imperfect friendship Aristotle identifies in his book Nicomachean Ethics. Contrast these types with what he calls perfect friendship and explain why he considers the latter to be the finest type of friendship.
2. Nygren analyzes and compares eros (Greek) and agape (Christian) love. Explain his account, highlight the differences between these two types of love, and indicate whether you think Nygren’s account is satisfactory based on your own reading of Greek and Christian texts.