Assignment 4: Development of a Community Health Promotion Program.
Due Date: Negotiable. However, it is recommended that you work through both Sections I and II, prior to completing work on this assignment.
The purpose of this assignment is to provide you with an opportunity to develop a health promotion program. Your program will address the community health diagnosis you identified in Assignment 3. The program must incorporate two health promotion approaches and will demonstrate an understanding of community planning, implementation, evaluation and the role of the community health nurse. Please note you are not expected to carry out the health promotion program that you develop.
- Based on your community diagnosis from Assignment 3, outline a plan for a health promotion program that incorporates two health promotion approaches. These health promotion approaches can include but are not limited to community social action, community development, social planning, community organizing, service extension (see Planning a Community Health Program chapter in your text).
- Hint: Consider using a program logic model or similarly structured overview (as an appendix) to present the program goals, objectives and outcome data in detail.
- Each element of the assignment guidelines is addressed.
- Ability to analyze, evaluate, create, and engage in critical inquiry is evident throughout.
- Adheres to APA current addition scholarly format – limit of 8 pages (excluding title, reference, and appendix pages).