Preparing for Your Informational Interview Report
This discussion is designed to help prepare you for your Informational Interview experience. The goal of the interview is to obtain an insider’s view of current ethical issues presented in health care management and to increase your understanding of how managers utilize ethical principles and strategic efforts to prevent and address them.
Address each of the bullet points below. Refer directly to the How to Conduct an Informational Interview presentation. In addition, review the Unit 3 Introduction, and the Unit 6 Informational Interview Report (u06a2) description and scoring guide prior to completing this discussion.
- Share the sector of the health care industry that you are interested in for your career.
- Identify the potential interview managerial candidate you have chosen for your interview, and briefly describe his or her organization or department.
- Share preparatory information about your target facility or department that you have begun to gather, as discussed in the presentation.
- Share your interview questions. Follow the recommendations in the presentation for preparing your questions. Carefully consider the goal of the interview, the time allotment, and the information you require to complete the Informational Interview Report.
- Review the additional information provided in the presentation. Share the aspects of the interview process you are most comfortable with and what you might consider a personal challenge.