You work for Apple in the marketing innovation department – your task – is to identify a market opportunity and develop a pilot marketing plan to launch the new product in a test market in the USA. A pilot marketing plan allows you to test your plan in a small market prior to a national roll out. There are important things to consider as the plan is created.
- Is the marketing idea valid?
- What is unique or distinctive about the product that separates it from competitors?
- Does a viable market exist for the product?
- Is the target market large enough, accessible, and capable of purchasing your product?
- Are the financial projections sound?
- Is the management team competent?
- How will investors get a return on their investments?
Write a brief but informative description of your product, including the following:
- A description of the product/service
- Marketing goals
- Who a typical customer might be