Answer each of the essay topics in one page.
For Example: Page 1 will answer topic 1, Page 2 will answer topic 2, etc.
- In reference to The Odyssey, Oedipus the King, Antigone, and The Aeneid, what role does fate play in the development of each main character?; does fate choose them, or do they choose their fates?
- How does family play a significant role in the readings? How do family struggles shape the themes of the reading?
- What is the significance of death in the readings?
- How do the qualities of a hero differ in both The Odyssey and The Aeneid? Are there significant differences in values or similarities? In what ways did the main characters of The Odyssey and The Aeneid fulfill the role of a heroic figure?
- How do the gods’ actions play a pivotal role in the development of both Odysseus and Oedipus?
- How does the theme of loyalty differ in The Odyssey and Antigone?